From Monday 26th April, clients will be allowed to accompany their pet’s into the vet consultation rooms if they would like to. Perspex screens have been installed in all consult rooms where possible, and all surfaces will be thoroughly sanitised between consultations.
When entering the practice, we still ask all clients to adhere to the following rules:
- All owners are required to wear face coverings for the duration of the time spent within the practice. You will be asked to wait outside if you do not have a suitable face covering.
- Only one owner may accompany their pet(s) into the practice.
- All owners must sanitise their hands upon entry and exit of the practice.
- Allowing a maximum of three people within the reception area to ensure social distancing is maintained within the practice at all times. (Note: if our waiting area is full then you may be asked to wait outside or in your car – please ensure to wrap up warm!)
- Reminding owners that we require payment at the time of the appointment by either phone payment or card.
Of course, all clients are still welcome to remain outside or in their cars during the consultation if they would prefer!
Please note: due to the implementation of continued safety measures, consultations are taking us a bit longer and the number of pets we can see in practice every day has been reduced. Please bear with us while we continue to prioritise emergencies, in-practice appointments and operations. Unfortunately, same-day appointments are not guaranteed at the moment so please arrange non-urgent appointments in advance. As a last resort, we may ask you to postpone non-essential routine appointments to enable us to see pets with more urgent aliments.
If you have any of the following symptoms, please do not attend the practice:
- A new, persistent cough
- A fever
- Loss of smell, taste or appetite
Alternatively, please consider rescheduling your appointment or asking a friend or relative to bring your pet for you. If this is not an option, please give us a call on 0141 339 1228 and we will do our very best to help you make alternative arrangements to have your pet seen and treated by a member of our team.
Advice if you are self-isolating:
We ask that you not, under any circumstances, come down to the practice if you are self-isolating. This is to keep our clients and staff safe. Instead, please phone the practice on 0141 339 1228 to discuss alternative arrangements with a member of our team. We will do our very best to see and treat your pet if they are unwell.
Consultations – We are able to conduct both phone and video consultations. In exceptional circumstances, we can also arrange to have your pet collected and brought down to the practice by a member of our team. (There will be a small charge for this to cover staff, insurance and fuel costs.)
Medications – Should your pet require medication that you are unable to collect, please phone the practice in advance and we can arrange to have the medication posted out to you via Royal Mail. Alternatively, please phone us on 0141 339 1228 to discuss other options.
We hope this all makes sense! If you have any worries, please call us on 0141 339 1228 to have a chat with a member of our team.
Thank you! 💙