We have five fully qualified and experienced veterinary surgeons in our practice. Supported by a team of skilled Veterinary Nurses, our Vets work hard to provide all animals with the highest standard of care as well as a wide range of treatment options.
- Radiography – We have recently installed a state of the art digital x-ray machine in our theatre. This is regularly used by our vets to investigate conditions such as lameness, chest and abdominal problems, and suspected foreign bodies.
- Ultrasound – Our advanced ultrasound machine allows for a non-invasive form of diagnostic imaging which examines the soft tissue in your pet. Ultrasound is regularly used in the practice to aid the diagnosis of conditions such as heart disease, pregnancy and bladder ailments.
We offer a range of in-house laboratory tests on:
- Biochemistry – blood testing to investigate organ function.
- Urine Analysis – to aid the diagnosis of infections and kidney function
- Skin Analysis – examining particles of skin under a microscope to look for parasites and other causes of irritation.
If your pet requires in-depth or specialist laboratory diagnostics, we send samples to one of our external laboratories and should receive results often within 24 to 48 hours.
We have a fully equipped theatre that is used daily to perform a wide range of surgical procedures. We offer routine operations such as spaying, castrations, mass removals and dental operations on a daily basis. Further to this, we also perform more specialised procedures should these be required by your pet.
All of our surgical procedures are performed by a qualified Veterinary Surgeon, who is supported by a team of experienced Registered Veterinary Nurses. Following surgery, we closely monitor and care for pets in-house until they are ready to return home.
After routine operations, most pets are well enough to return home that same evening for further care in their own home. However, there are some situations in which a pet may require specialist overnight care. In these cases, the vet will discuss the possibilities of this with you in advance and will arrange care at either one of our out-of-hours centres (Vets Now or The Small Animal Hospital).
We offer free dental checks for all pets, as well as a wide range of dental procedures. We have a modern, state of the art dental machine to perform plaque removal and tooth extractions. Dental operations are regularly performed in our practice, all of which are performed under general anaesthesia.
Hospitalisation and Aftercare
We have two separate and fully-equipped hospitalisation areas. This allows us to separate cats and dogs, or infectious diseases from routine operations.
Our team are trained, experienced, and prepared to deal with a range of serious conditions on an emergency basis.
Whether your pet is admitted for an operation or acute condition, our team will be with them for the entirety of their stay. We consistently monitor their heart rate, respiratory rate and temperature, as well as taking them for toilet breaks and ensuring that they eat. It is our primary concern that your pet remains calm and comfortable, whilst receiving the highest quality of care.
As a team of animal lovers, we are experts in TLC and cuddles. Every animal that enters the practice is treated as one of our own.
We have connections with consultants across the country who specialise in a range of physical conditions and animal behaviours.
If your animal has special requirements beyond the practice, we may discuss with you and refer them to a suitable specialist.
To read more about our team, have a look at our Meet the Team pages.